A “Round-up” button can be embedded on your Shopify store to give customers the option to round up their transaction or add a dollar donation toward your cause when making their order. You can embed the Round-up option in the shopping cart. This article will explain how to add one to your shop.
- Select "Round-up" from the Settings menu in the Give & Grow app, and follow the steps to create your Round-up element.
- Once created, you will be given an embed code located at the bottom of the page.
To embed Round-up, you will need to edit the code for your theme.
- To edit the code, go to Online Store settings in sidebar
- Click the “Actions” button and select “Edit Code”
- First we will find the <head> in our theme (usually located in the Layout section in a file called theme.liquid).
- Then we will paste our script before the ending </head> tag.
- We are going to add the round-up button to the shopping cart page, which is located in a file called "Sections/cart-template.liquid" (some themes will have the cart in a different file, you will need to find the correct file for you cart page.)
- Let's add the round-up button above the shopping cart contents. To locate the Sharing buttons, run Ctrl+F (on PC) or Cmd+F (on Mac) and type “/cart”. Then paste your embed code above it. This is how it looks on our store:
- Click the Save button, and Preview your Add Donation Button on your shopping cart page.
- If you are having trouble embedding your Add Donation Button, we are happy to help. Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line: "Integration Help."