In order to register on Pledgeling, your nonprofit organization must have a valid Federal Employer Identification Number ("FEIN" or just "EIN") registered on the information services website Guidestar or in the IRS database of tax-exempt organizations.

Some organizations, such as churches, schools, and other faith-related organizations, are automatically tax-exempt and don't need to be listed in the IRS database of nonprofits. Some may not file a Form 990 or 990-N. This could be the reason you have an EIN that isn't showing up when we query our data providers. You can search the IRS database yourself here:

If you just registered with the IRS, you may not appear in their list of tax-exempt organizations yet. Both we and Guidestar use that data to build our databases. For more information about how to register on Guidestar, visit their site.