We have virtually all US 501c3 nonprofits in our system. If one may does not appear in search results, the most common reasons are:
- it's brand new and the IRS hasn't updated their database that we monitor.
- it has a different official name than the one in everyday use. For instance, a day care center operated by a church would be under the church EIN.
- the name we have stored has (or doesn't have) an abbreviation, hyphenation, or other punctuation that made the search miss it.
- its 501c3 status has lapsed; for instance, if it didn't file tax returns despite IRS warnings.
- it's not a 501c3 but some less common type of nonprofit organization. We can only regrant donations to 501c3 nonprofits.
If you’d like to see an organization included, just let us know using the form here or submit a help ticket from here on our support site. If you're submitting a help ticket, please include as much information as possible about what you searched for and the organization you are trying to find (name, EIN if known, address, website).