You may want to allow your customers to choose which nonprofit your donation goes to when they check out their order. This article will explain how to add that to your shopping cart page.
Embed the Dropdown
You will need to edit the code for your theme. Once you locate the section or snippet for your shopping cart form, paste the following two lines inside the
<div data-select-nonprofit-via-pledgeling></div> <script id="plg-npo-select" src="https://hello.pledgeling.com/assets/shop/nonprofit/select.js" async></script>
To edit the code:
- Go to Online Store settings in sidebar
- Click the “Actions” button and select “Edit Code”
- Find the section/snippet for the shopping cart form. In the default Shopify theme, this is located in a file called "Sections/cart-template.liquid".
- Let's add the button under the shopping cart contents. To locate the form, run Ctrl+F (on PC) or Cmd+F (on Mac) and type “/cart”. Then paste your embed code inside it. This is how it looks on our store:
- Click the Save button, and Preview the Customer's Choice dropdown on your shopping cart page.
- If you are having trouble embedding the Customer's Choice, we are happy to help. Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line: "Integration Help."